Friday, September 4, 2009

Second Day, Second boring outfit


3 September, 2009

This outfit was completely uninspired... something I threw on quickly in the morning. What I was looking for is comfort. Comfort in the 19 odd degree temperature at office and hence the long sleeved kurta and leggings. I am completely sold on to this kurta and legging trend. I hope it stays for a long long time.... I have 3 leggings now - white, black and maroon. I am hoping to pick up the brown or beige depending upon what matches my new kurtas better :) And I am totally gonna pick some new kurtas too.... yippee!

Now back to the boring part...


Kurta - Double shaded Mehndi / Olive green and maroon in cotton, Nalli, Delhi
Leggings - Maroon stretch leggings, local market, Delhi
Shoes - Red sequined shoes, street near Osho ashram, Pune
Bag - Everyday black woven leather, Singapore

The best part about this kurta, apart from the colour is the pleating detail and golden buttons. This kurta was actually a part of a complete set, maroon salwar and long maroon and green dupatta. The fit of the salwar is not too good so I have started wearing that at home. I pulled out the dupatta yesterday and am half sure to turn it into a top! As for completing this outfit, I pulled out a chiffon stole and slung it around my neck. Totally forgot to take a pic of that... But here is a close up of the detailing on the kurta since they don't stand out in the full length pic...


And the shoes... those beautiful shoes... :) mum picked them for me... they are so blingy, I love them.... :) 
(ignore the nails... i need a pedi!)



That's it for now. I am staying at home today... so will either end up in sweats or something wacky... letsee how this day turns out to be... 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely blog:-)
    The 2 shade kurta looks awesome on you and im totally diggin those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ missmasala,

    Hey, welcome to my blog :) thanks for liking it...

    aren't those shoes precious? they are my mood uplifter shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see a bag anywhere in the pictures, pardon my eyes. And I really like Westside in Lajpat for the Kurtas & leggings, you must try it sometime. I had no idea Nalli had Kurtis too, thanks for the tip... Is that the one in South Ex you're talking about?

    ReplyDelete